Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a frigidare compact 30 range, the clock has quit

Customer Question

I have a frigidare compact 30 range, the clock has quit working, my question is can I still use the self cleaning oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The clock has to work for the self cleaning feature to work. You can still use the oven if it will heat but not the self cleaning feature.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can the clock be replaced? I'm sure it's greased up
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If it is pretty old, probably not. Do you have a model number from the range?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where do I find it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It may be behind the lower drawer or maybe under a burner if a coil burner style. Or, it could be on a tag around the oven opening.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ceramatop
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, so it will be around the oven opening or behind the lower drawer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Built in don't see it around the oven door
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Is the clock a dial type?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
anyway to send you a picture?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You don't need to, it is not available. However, there is a company that rebuilds them! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

ApplianceTimers.com has been rebuilding electronic and mechanical appliance timers and stove clocks for all popular brands of ranges (ovens, stoves), washers, dryers and dishwashers for over 40 years.

They may be reached at the link below!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.