Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE French door refrigerator freezer bottom drawer is icing

Customer Question

GE French door refrigerator freezer bottom drawer is icing up on the right side and makes it difficult to open and close
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That would typically happen if the seal for the drawer is not sealing good all around and warm air is drafting in icing the rails. Check and make sure all the seals are good on all doors as that typically causes that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did check the seals as well & couldn't find any problem . Therefore, your response unfortunately didn't help me

Do you have a picture of the ice?