Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Help! I have to dinner and suddenly my GE Cafe oven will not

Customer Question

Help! I have to cook dinner and suddenly my GE Cafe oven will not turn on.
There is power to it 'cause the light turns on when you open the door, but if I press Bake or any other cook function nothing happens. I've tried pressing and holding the Lock button, in case it was accidentally locked, but that doesn't change the situation. Pressing Off gets me a beep, but that's it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes or flip the circuit breaker off because if the control panel isn't locked and it won't beep or do anything when you push a button, the touch control panel is acting up. If resetting the power won't work, then your control panel would need to be ordered and replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.