Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Whenever it gets humid out the thermostat automatically

Customer Question

Whenever it gets humid out the thermostat automatically ticks down to 33 degrees in the refrigerator whenever the refrigerator or freezer door is opened. I cannot raise it until it's been closed for a while, but it continues to happen. Why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

When you say the thermostat goes to 33 degrees you mean the display does?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the display reads/goes down to 33. After leaving door closed for several minutes I can reopen & adjust upwards...but it will continue to happen each time the door is reopened
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This only happens when it is humid out

OK there could be a display board issue, there are very sensitive electronics there and humidity may be affecting the display board, if it bothers you a lot I would replace the display board and I believe that will correct the whole issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I appreciate your quick response. I will need to call a technician to get this repaired since it is extremely annoying. I'd prefer to wait and see if they concur with your assessment before rating, if that's ok. This refrigerator has had numerous issues...sigh! Thanks for your help and have a nice holiday weekend!!

You too

Appliance Guru