Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can't get the control to unlock on my frigidare gallery

Customer Question

I can't get the control to unlock on my frigidare gallery refrig
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Power was off when we got to the lake, had not been here in a while. Powered back on and control panel will not unlock and temperature set itself at 47 on freezer and 73 on refrig
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fghc2331pf0

OK perfect, and why do you think the control panel is locked exactly? Is the lock symbol on the front of the control panel illuminate?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is lit up and says control locked under the freezer temp, when I push the lock button to unlock it it just lights up hold but will not let you change the temperature

OK perfect. So on this model you should just be able to press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds and the control lock should disengage so you can change the temperature. If it's not working, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you'd need to order and replace the display board because it has failed. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.