Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can't get the control to unlock on my frigidare gallery

Customer Question

I can't get the control to unlock on my frigidare gallery refrig
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Power was off when we got to the lake, had not been here in a while. Powered back on and control panel will not unlock and temperature set itself at 47 on freezer and 73 on refrig
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fghc2331pf0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK perfect, and why do you think the control panel is locked exactly? Is the lock symbol on the front of the control panel illuminate?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is lit up and says control locked under the freezer temp, when I push the lock button to unlock it it just lights up hold but will not let you change the temperature
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK perfect. So on this model you should just be able to press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds and the control lock should disengage so you can change the temperature. If it's not working, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you'd need to order and replace the display board because it has failed. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.