Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our gas stove cutout is a little to big stovetop. How can we

Customer Question

Our gas stove cutout is a little to big for our stovetop. How can we adjust the dimensions?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We have a granite counter top with the dimensions to large for the gas cooktop. How can we change dimensions?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Gas hookup has been Installed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So the only option you have would be to call a countertop installation company and they can add a piece to the cut out and there will be just a small seam where the piece is added. Other than that you would have to locate a cooktop slightly larger to fit the dimensions of the cut out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.