Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The ice dispenser on my GE PSC23NSTCSS is not functioning

Customer Question

The ice dispenser on my GE PSC23NSTCSS is not functioning properly. When activated, the auger turns for just a couple of seconds, then turns off. Activating it again causes it to turn for 1/2 a second less, a 3rd time and it won't usually activate at all. Waiting a few minutes will allow the same process to be carried out. The actuator activates the same way. I have an extra dispenser control board which I installed to rule that out and had the same issue. I'm suspecting the auger motor but it seems strange that it works for a short time so I want to make sure before spending $100.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The auger is fed from the board on the back of the cabinet, number 801 in the diagram at the link below.

I suspect that board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just received the part your suggested and the problem has not been resolved, what next?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to test the voltage out of the board to see what it is doing when the auger stops working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I'm not that technically inclined.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Well, it is not likely that the motor is intermittent so it is probably a connection or wiring issue if the new board did not remedy the issue. The only way to tell for certain would be to measure some voltages.