Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'VE INSTALLED A NEW TOUCH-PAD IN MY MAYTAG DISHWASHER MODEL

Customer Question

HELLO PEARL,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I'VE INSTALLED A NEW TOUCH-PAD IN MY MAYTAG DISHWASHER MODEL MDB6769PAS, AS WELL AS A REPLACEMENT CONTROL PANEL. THE TOUCH-PAD (FROM SEARS) IS REV C, BUT MY MODEL IS REV A. DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE? IF NOT, DO YOU KNOW THE CORRECT RESET SEQUENCE?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: THE NEW TOUCHPAD'S "RINSE" AND "START" PADS ARE ALWAYS LIGHTED. WHEN I PRESS "NORMAL", THE "WASH" FLASHES, BUT DOES NOT STAY LIT.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The revision letters do not matter. Did you get the ribbon connector in securely? Did it work fora while and stop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ribbon connector is in securely, clip locked, same two lights still on. I used the reset sequence on the set-up diagram included with the dishwasher, but there may be another sequence (which was my question). No, it did not work for a while. Nada.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The reset sequence (diagnostics cycle) is shown on the attached page. Will it go into diagnostics?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, it will not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

It sounds like the main control board has failed. What part number did you install?