Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm working on a Kenmore dryer. The problem was a bad

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I'm working on a Kenmore dryer. The problem was a bad thermo cutoff, I replaced it and a day later the new one went bad, I replaced it again and within a few minutes that one went out. I have checked the vent and element, they are good. The model # ***** ***** and serial # ***** the part # ***** ***** What else can be wronge?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If you select an Air Dry cycle, does it still heat in that cycle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Okay, so that would mean the element is not shorted. That leaves air flow. There has to be something that is causing an issue with the air flow. Is the lint filter housing full of lint at the bottom?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Lint filter is clean and I had the vent off and the cutoff blew out with-in minutes last time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Is the blower wheel in good shape, not stripped? How is air flow out the back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
good
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The only other thing if air flow and element is good is if the operating thermostat is not doing its job and is permanently closed, keeping the element energized.

I would replace that and the fuse and see what happens.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE