Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Changed out the heating element in the oven and now have the

Customer Question

Changed out the heating element in the oven and now have the F9 code.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Purchased a new element after lower one shorted out. Continued to use stove burners until I replaced the old element today. When I plug in oven time flashes then F9 code appears.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Code refers to door lock mechanism.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

F9 means there is an issue with the door latch. When you reset power to the oven, the latch goes through a locking and unlocking phase so possibly it failed during this phase. Either way, open the door and wiggle the latch hook above the door way. Reset power and see if the latch will reset. If not, then the latch will need to be ordered and replaced.