Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Power outage It now reads 88:88 on control panel on stove

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So unfortunately 88:88 is the universal code that the display board shorted out. The power outage must of sent a surge because all the LED lights on the display are illuminated. If unplugging the oven for 5 minutes doesn't reset the issue, the only thing you can do is replace the display board to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.