Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have 3yr old Maytag Centennial model # MVWC300XW. when I

Customer Question

Have 3yr old Maytag Centennial model # ***** when I press start button, sensing light comes on as well as lid locked. appears to start sensing. then it clicks and lid locked light begins to flash, green sensing light on green. after 5 minutes or so lid locked light goes off, but green sensing is on. washer seems to be doing nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this error you're getting means that your actuator below the tub has failed. The actuator is the most common part to fail on this model and it's purpose is to shift the gear box into agitation mode or spin mode as well as monitor the rotation speed and such. Either way, the sensing light comes on because it's trying to shift into gear and it's not getting into the correct position so you need to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model. There is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for actuator

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.