John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Unit purchased about 1999 (and was just taken out of storage

Customer Question

Unit purchased about 1999 (and was just taken out of storage for 15 yrs.) It is not making Ice or serving water on the front. The compressor is working fine. In working on the problem I removed the solenoid to clean it out and discovered there isn't any 120VAC on either one when water actuated. The Ice Maker motor to push ice forward works as does the door switch that shuts the unit down
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There will only be power to the ice valve for a few seconds every couple hours, so you won't likely catch it there. Does it click at the dispenser when the paddle is depressed?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not hear a click when I push the water handle on the door. The unit is an Amana Automatic Refrigerator 25. I don't see model # ***** on the unit. It is 36" wide side by side.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

if no click at door, that is probably the issue, a faulty switch on the dispenser. The model tag should be in the fresh food section, usually on the ceiling or high on a side wall.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Found it. SD125GL. pic attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That model is not supported in the technical information I have and I am not able to be certain I can get you correct information. I will place your question back to the list for others to see.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

I see that Kelly has opted out so perhaps you will allow me up pick up from where he left you, my name is ***** ***** Do you have a multimeter or means of testing continuity ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your follow up is to late. I gave up and replaced the refrigerator'
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Such a shame - do you still have the unit? One thing for sure whatever you got wont be as good as what you had. Sorry we let you down, unfortunately I was on holiday when your call came in. Regards ***** *****