Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a cabrio washer witwhat can I do? h the problem of

Customer Question

I have a cabrio washer witwhat can I do?
h the problem of not spinning to finish the load and showing the code LF.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I put in a load and it does not complete the rinse spin process. It shows the code LF what does that mean?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. It does not matter if it's a light load or heavier
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

LF means "long fill" or in other words the washer is not filling up as fast as it should be in the allotted amount of time given. Start by removing the washer fill hoses; both the cold and the hot water hoses. Check for proper water pressure from the house. To do so, turn the water on and put the hose inside the washer or a bucket.

If water pressure is good, check the water valve inlet screens. Most residential washing machines have inlet screens. The screens prevent minerals from clogging the solenoid. With the hoses removed, you can visually inspect the water inlet screens. If the water valve screens are clear the inlet valve with the screens itself will need to be replaced.

One last thing to check is the fill hoses. These Cabrio washers call for a lot of water quickly, so if you have stainless steel braided flood-safe hoses, they will trip for no reason at all. Replace these flood safe hoses with more traditional hoses. If the hoses are good and you haven't found anything slowing down the flow of the water, your electronic inlet water valve is just faulty on the back of your washer and will need to be replaced because it's just not allowing water flow into the washer correctly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.