Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Bosch Nexxt premium dryer the dryer lights go on

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Nexxt premium dryer the dryer lights go on when I push the button it clicks but does not turn. I have taken off the back and pushed the cup to the left still nothing.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Bosch Nexxt premium The lights all go on I push start and I hear it click but nothing happens. I have taken off the back and got to the motor push that cup to the left still nothing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what "cup" you are pushing to the left. Can you please clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It stated on a website that on the motor is like a reset cup or rubber piece you have to push to the or to the right side of the machine. Meaning from the back that switch had to be clicked to the left that is what I did.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Left or
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know why that reset was triggered or what would cause that to be triggered
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just got this dryer from a friend. Stated it was working then just stopped.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Is the switch in the link below the one you pushed?

CLICK HERE for picture

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK well that is your belt switch which can definitely trip if the belt gets loose when transporting it. If you're not sure if you're resetting it properly, disconnect the wires going to it and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires to bypass the switch. Then plug the dryer in and try the dryer out. If it works then keep trying to reset it by pushing the plunger back and forth because it's not resetting. If it won't reset then replace it.

On the other hand, if the dryer still won't run even after you have bypassed the belt switch, you need to check your wires between the motor and the main control board above the drum below the control panel. If none of the wires are damaged, then your control board failed. Sometimes just the jostling of moving the dryer around can cause components or solder joints to crack and fail.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.