Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Both lights on Viking refrigerator went out at same time. :

Customer Question

Both lights on Viking refrigerator went out at same time.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The light in the freezer went out the same time as the refrigerator light.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If both lights went out, it means that either one of your door switches has failed and the lights stayed on for 15 minutes so the board turned off all the lights, or it means that your control board has just failed. To know which is your problem, just cut power to the refrigerator by flipping the breaker off for 5 minutes. Re-apply power and if the lights don't come back on, you have a bad control board that would need to be replaced. If the lights do come back on, then give it 30 minutes and if the lights shut off again, you need to replace the door switches for the doors because one of them is failing. You can close the doors and try to peel back the door seal to see if the light is on inside to know which switch is bad. Otherwise resetting power reset the display board so if it's working in an hour or later then you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.