Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE model number191D2357G0003 serial number

Customer Question

I have a GE model number191D2357G0003 serial number FV974155S microwave convection oven. We have the proper voltage going to the unit per our electrician. We moved this unit from one house to another and now with the unit hooked back up we can get no kind of unit service.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is it totally dead, no lights at all? The model number should look like JVM1650ABC1.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no lights nothing model no 191d2357g003 serial fv974155s
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ge model
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

That is not a good model number. It should look like JVM1650ABC1 and will be on the same tag as the serial number.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is reading it right off the tag next to serial number
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
send me a email address or number I can send you a picture to
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

You can attach it right here using the ADD FILE button.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
here is the picture
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Wow, I am very sorry, I have not seen that before. That model is not a good model, even though it is printed like that. I can help you access the fuse on a generic basis, if you;d like, but I can't get you model specific information.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
tell me how to access fuse
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

There are two, one is a thermal fuse, one is a regular line fuse. If you remove the cabinet wrapper, the fuse is right above the control board in line with the main power coming in. The thermal fuse is mounted on top of the oven cavity and is on the left side (facing from the front). If you want to check the main fuse first, you can remove the grille from above the door and then the screw at the top of the control panel. Once that screw is removed, the panel will lift up and hinge down for access inside.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
in your opinion what one is the most common to burn out if power was wired wrong at first attempt
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The main fuse by the control panel. The other one only opens if it gets too hot in the cooking cavity.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.