Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The dishwasher does not turn on. No lights come on the

Customer Question

The dishwasher does not turn on. No lights come on the control panel at the top of the door. It acts as though there is no power. I checked the outlet and there is power at the outlet. Is there a fuse in the unit that can blow? There is nothing that blocks the door from closing all the way. It appears that the latch on the door is engaging properly.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, there are no reset buttons, thermal fuse, or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. This model just doesn't have a thermal fuse like most other units. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your touch control panel is just shorted which is common on this model and it has been re-designed. The steam was causing this touchpad to fail in the past so below is a link to the new part you need for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?