Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My ge profile ice maker tray is jammed : won't pull out : it

Customer Question

my ge profile ice maker tray is jammed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: won't pull out
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: it must have been in wrong because it was filled with ice cycles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your refrigerator today. If the tray won't pull out try to heat up the tray with a hair dryer in case there is ice jamming up the bucket from pulling out. Other than that, if it's thawed out and it's jammed, there isn't must you can do but left up and pull forward while wiggling.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there a way to turn the ice maker off? I can't get the tray to release.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

The only way to turn the icemaker. There is not without being able to reach in to the side of the icemaker to turn it off. On the side of the icemaker near the front there is a switch you move to turn the icemaker off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was finally able to fix it by myself.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.