Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you change the light bulb in a model MCD1611/w

Customer Question

How do you change the light bulb in a model MCD1611/w microwave oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good morning! So first, below is a link to the light you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for interior light

Unfortunately the microwave will need to be taken apart to replace the bulb. You'll need a size T-20 safety torx bit screwdriver to remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave around the right left and top edges. Start by unplugging the microwave. Then remove all the screws going into the outer shell and then the outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you have access to the bulb on the right side of the microwave cavity so you can replace it. The reason Magic Chef did this was because it forces you to unplug the microwave. Before they allowed you to change it by just opening the door and people wouldn't unplug the microwave which would cause the display board to short out when you replaced the bulb.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting for part. Hopefully today
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

ok...