Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire FFET1222QW which is making a tapping or

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire FFET1222QW which is making a tapping or knocking noise (a little faster than a heart beat) whenever the compressor is running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is the noise in the freezer area, or can you tell?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't tell but I turned down the setting in the refrigerator side to 1 to isolate the freezer. The knocking noise has not changed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Well, this type of noise is common and expected at the cooling coil in the freezer. The refrigerant changes state in that coil and the expansion and contraction causes that noise. See the attached page.