John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Have Kenmore model 253.76822400 and after an electrical

Customer Question

Have Kenmore model 253.76822400 and after an electrical power outage the refrigerator did not operate. The lights worked but the cooling stopped operating. Need to know what could have stopped operating. The power outage caused the lighting in the home to flash numerous times which could have caused power overload during the power surge that had an influence in the 123 volt AC power that the refrigerator was connected. Please advise as to the possible part that may be the problem. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Do you hear any fans running at all? Does the compressor try to start at all?