Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

No heat coming from broiler element at all and little heat

Customer Question

No heat coming from broiler element at all and little heat from baking element after replacing both elements with new parts, checked connections and all is secure. What else could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

There are only 2 things that will cut out both bake and broil if the cooktop still works. Either your display control board has a bad L2 relay and the display control board needs to be replaced, or you have a faulty thermal fuse. If you pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel, you'll see a little plastic device mounted to the back of your oven with 2 wires going to it that looks like the part in the link below. That is your thermal fuse. If you unplug the oven and disconnect the 2 wires going to this fuse, you can connect the 2 wires to each other to bypass the fuse for testing. Then plug the oven back in and see if it heats. If so, then order and replace the fuse. if not, then replace the display control board.

CLICK HERE for thermal fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?