Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do you drain the dishwasher..cannot get water and the

Customer Question

how do you drain the dishwasher..cannot get water and the last time it was fixed they said I did not drain it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Is there water in the tub now? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no.where would I find the model number
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
It should be on a tag on the tub around the door gasket once the door is opened.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model numb SHX33A05UC/ 14
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! So, there is no water in the tub now? What exactly is it doing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No water is coming through but i hear the machine working?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Okay, so you are probably hearing the drain pump, the result of water in the base of the machine. Are you able to remove the access panel from below the door to get a look in the base to see if water has leaked down there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Last time they told me to drain the water first..just do not remember..I had sears come out and fix
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to remove the access panel from below the door to get a look in the base to see if water has leaked down there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am going to have to leave for work. Thanks for your help..I will check that when I get home.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If you find water down there, tip the machine to drain or use a towel to dry it out. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!