Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just got my Bravo washer and dryer - not even 48 hrs ago.

Customer Question

Just got my Bravo washer and dryer - not even 48 hrs ago. When the washer goes into a spin cycle it vibrates horrendously! It is 100% level. It is so bad my floor vibrates! It is located on the first floor of the house. Is this NORMAL? Had a previous Maytag and loved it, reason we purchased this one. 2 days old and I hate it. What do we do. Repair a brand new washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So unfortunately these Bravos and Cabrio (Whirlpool's version of the Bravos) washers have lots of balance issues. They spin 3 times as fast as a normal top loader so they ring the clothing out well, but the downside is that they shake quite a bit. Now if you're on cement floors in a basement, it's not as bad. But when you put it on a sub floor which will vibrate just a little, it'll cause the washer to vibrate exponentially worse. What I can say is that if you don't like the way it shakes and you still have an option to return it, I would return it and get a different model. The LG's top load washer is probably the best option for the least shaking but still being high efficiency.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?