Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The chute ice maker keeps opening and closing and the lights

Customer Question

The chute for the ice maker keeps opening and closing and the lights keep flashing. It also will let me reset any buttons and water does not dispense. I have changed the water filter but that hasn't changed anything. Suggestions? Thank you Dinah
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your issue today. Unfortunately your refrigerator has a fairly common problem for this model. The high voltage control board on the back of the refrigerator is going out. Unfortunately this is what happens when some of the capacitors on the board get out of range so you'll need to replace the control board to resolve the issue. To access, just pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. There is an access panel on the back that you can remove and the board is all plug and play. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model and it costs about $290 I'm afraid to say. Now you will need to look up the serial number on the model tag to see which board you need because there is a serial split.

CLICK HERE for control board if the serial starts with 10 or 11

CLICK HERE for control board if the serial number starts with 12+

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?