Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My front load washer model# ***** has excessive smell what's

Customer Question

My front load washer model# ***** has excessive smell what's wrong and how do I prevent it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The odor is build up of detergent residue and dirt that has probably allowed mold and mildew to grow on the outer tub and on the rubber door boot. You can use the commercial cleaner tablets or just use white distilled white vinegar once a week to clean. However, if the build up is extensive, it may need to be disassembled to get the initial "gunk" cleaned from it and then use a the vinegar as a preventive. I would use 1/2 gallon at least twice per month after an initial cleaning, be sure to wipe the door boot down, including inside when it is stretched, and then leave the door open in between wash cycles to allow air to flow through the tub. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!