Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We recently purchased a home that has a GE GSS 25WGPD BB.

Customer Question

We recently purchased a home that has a GE GSS 25WGPD BB. After replacing the water filter, the cold water will not work located in the freezer door. The ice function works.
HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the icemaker is working, you likely have a frozen water line in the freezer door. You can verify this by removing the kickplate from the front of the refrigerator and locating the water line fitting at the bottom of the freezer door. It will have a water line in each side of the fitting. Hold the plastic “washer” at the end of the connector in while pulling the water line out. Once you have the line open there, try to dispense water again and see if any comes out of the open line. The water will not come out until you activate the dispenser. If you have water there, the line is frozen in the freezer door. This has been a common issue for these refrigerators but is easily remedied. You can use a hair dryer to thaw the line out by heating the back of the dispenser housing from the outside of the refrigerator. Direct the heat to the area behind the dispenser paddle. Be careful so you do not allow it to get hot enough to damage the plastic. Once thawed, you will have restored water flow and normal dispenser operation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!