Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch dryer is 2 1/2 years old and doesn't have heat.

Customer Question

My Bosch dryer is 2 1/2 years old and doesn't have heat. What can I do to trouble shoot it
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: everything lights up for the different cycles, the drum works, no heat. I've tried all the cycles, none heat.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It's a front load
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Do you have a meter to test voltage with? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No meter. Model Nexxt 500 Series WTMC3321 US106
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Can you turn the breaker totally off and back on a couple times, please, even if it does not appear to be tripped? Does it heat after?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did that. Still no heat
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will you continue via this conversation or are you insisting on the $24 payment?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, it is very busy.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The element is likely faulty but with no meter to test with, that is just an educated guess. Would you like instructions on how to replace it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can go to utube. I was hoping for an easy answer.