Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My new refrigerator has accumulated a lot of frost in the

Customer Question

My new refrigerator has accumulated a lot of frost in the freezer compartment isin the last couple of days. Why? What is causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If you're getting a lot of frost, either drawer isn't being shut or isn't sealing up all the way around, or the temperature in the freezer is TOO cold. Check the temperature first. It should be around 0ºF. If it's too cold then change the temperature and make it a bit warmer. Other than that, you have an air leak somewhere so if the unit is really new, just call warranty for them to either replace the gasket or re-align the drawer if you're sure you've been shutting the door all the way.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?