Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Amanda dryer model NDG6800AWW. I know a belt

Customer Question

I have an Amanda dryer model NDG6800AWW.
I know a belt broke. I heard it and the dryer no longer tumbles, plus you could smell the plastic or rubber.
I need to try and take care of this myself as I am unemployed right now, and just had to deal with a broken water main, as well as my air conditioner going out.
I have the front panel off, but can't figure anything else out.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If you have the front panel off already then it should be fairly simple to replace the belt. Next you just need to unplug the dryer if you haven't already, and then remove the bolts going into the right and left side wall holding up the front drum support. Remove this front drum support and you can reach under the drum to remove the old drum. Now just put the belt around the drum and rout the belt around the motor and tensioner pulley properly. Attached below is a picture of how the belt should be routed.

Also, below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the belt on this style of dryer since Maytag makes Amana, but it is just slightly different than you model. The belt replacement is the same however.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?