John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My son left the freezer open over night, everything

Customer Question

my son left the freezer open over night, everything defrosted. we cleaned it out but ever since, no ice. maybe a few trays in over a week. none overnight last night
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I've checked over and over, the on/off bar is down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: and ice is turned on. i even put it on max ice
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
How is the freezer temperature now? Did you leave it open and unplugged to allow it to defrost after the door was left open?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we woke up to a pool of water, everything was defrosted. we cleaned it up and shut the freezer door. that was a week ago
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i never unplugged anything
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i don't know what I'm hearing but a fan is running. the whole fridge and freezer is working, lights etc we have restocked the freezer everything is frozen solid but I'm not getting ice
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, are you online with me? I'm doing this Just Answer for a quick response. I can just drop if you are unable to assist...