Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a ten year old Sub Zero Rrefrig/freezer. Water has

Customer Question

We have a ten year old Sub Zero Rrefrig/freezer. Water has been collecting under the glass which is our bottom shelf in the refrigerator. What could be wrong. The model is one with a custom door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Water collecting under the bottom drawer means that your drain line is backing up. Unfortunately the back wall inside the refrigerator will need to be removed in order to see the evaporator and drain trough below it. The drain line will need to be blown out with compressed air to clean it because it has just clogged from over time, or the silicone that seals the trough to the back wall is breaking down and the trough needs to be re-siliconed to the back wall.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?