Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

2006 Whirlpool refridgerator models GC2SHEXNS03 constantly

Customer Question

2006 Whirlpool refridgerator models GC2SHEXNS03 constantly clicking on and off and beeping
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a fairly well known problem for this model and the issue is the main low voltage control board back by the compressor under the refrigerator in the far back right corner. If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel, there is a sheet metal box against the right side wall that you need to remove to access the board inside. The board part number is ***** which is no longer made so you can either try to locate a refurbished board online or you can send your old board to a place like Core Centric Solutions and they will refurbish the board for about $200 or so typically. I'm sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?