Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My duet dryer will only dry on high. Our vents are clean.

Customer Question

My duet dryer will only dry on high. Our vents are clean. Our service guy suggested shortening the vent line but why now 10 years later is it doing this? Coils have been replaced twice. One other weird thing is that our medium cycle always ran at "51" minutes however since all the dryer mess it's running at "48" minutes. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way. Also, what happens if you set the dryer on medium cycle exactly? Will the dryer not run at all? Does it run but doesn't heat? etc...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
model is GGW9250PW3. I'm also wondering why went to his orange one at 51 minutes is it now running at 48 it slightly dries but it dries more like it is stuck on delicate not on medium and high works good but that's only temp that works great
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
here is the scoop, our long time dryer has been having issues the past 2 months. Not drying on medium heat which we have always used for 90 percent of our drying. Fixed twice with coils replaced. Also weird thing... the drying time was always 51 minutes and now it is 48 minutes and cannot increase it. Still not drying on medium (when placed on this level it is more like delicate) Lastly, we need to dry everything on high. UGH!

So if you put it on timed dry you can not set it past 48?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On medium heat longest setting it was always 51 minutes now it's 47 minutes and not dry

Are you sure the vent is clean all the way to the outside?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was open all the way to the outside vent. checked 3 times

Is the blower duct clear and have you take the thermister out and checked it and cleaned it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the coils were replaced and the thermister was checked and given the all ok. Also why has the timed dry now changed since all of this has occurred? Previous always at 51 minutes and now at 48 minutes? Thank you

I would say there must be something wrong with the control as that would be the only thing that could have changed the time. You may need a new control board to fix the whole issue I can think of nothing else that would cause that.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!