Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer wo'n t drain replaced pump motor still wo't drain i

Customer Question

washer wo'n
t drain replaced pump motor still wo't drain i hear a buzzing sound
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you replaced the drain pump then you need to disconnect the drain hose from the pump blow through the hose to make sure it's clear. Also make sure it's clear between the pump and tub. If all that checks good then either your pump came faulty or more likely the relay on the main control board is going back (which commonly happens on Samsung washers unfortunately) and it's sensing a full 110 volts down to the pump. If the pump is only getting 60 volts or whatnot, then the main control board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.