Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch dishwasher I recently purchased with some

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher I recently purchased with some damage. While repairing the unit I removed the door and the lower door seal,this is where my problem started... I believe I've correctly reapplied the lower door seal but there were two'lock clamps' and I'm not sure those were reinstalled correctly. I haven't found a schematic or a picture that shows exactly how to place them the model # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you take a picture of the parts in question so I can see which you are talking about?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hope you have the two pictures if not give me ur email

This part?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No that retains the door seal onto the door... below that where the water can drain into the white plastic pan that little metal piece I need to know exactly where it goes there's one on each side

Watch this video

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've seen that one already ,it doesn't mention the locking clips at all nor does it show them

I am not sure what locking clips you are talking about

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the Bosch website (eshop) the diagram showing the lower door seal, will also show the two 'lock clips' but it doesn't show where they go..

Which part is it at this link

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nope it's that small square piece of metal covering the drain trough

Can you tell me the part at this link

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Door assembly page #0235 I'm signing off for tonight I'm at work and I'll be sleeping till around 2 tomorrow thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just placed those clips the way you see them in the picture they aren't in the correct way

It looks like you have them in upside down

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's what I need to see a picture or diagram.. Showing correct placement I don't want to install it only to find the thing leaking because those clips aren't placed right..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still don't know what the correct position of these clamps are

I have checked and can not find you a clear image of it, have you tried to flip them around?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried everything that looks possible to no avail...

Let me see if I can get you a picture, I work on these everyday I just had one the other day prior to your question I would have snapped an image of it. I will see what I can come up with for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm getting emails that want me to rate your service.. can't do that till were done
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Our last conversation was the 26th.. anything new??