Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Cabrio washer 2 yrs old. I was washing on

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Cabrio washer 2 yrs old. I was washing on the normal cycle as always and the display says UL and it keeps filling with water. When I pause it the display says 10 minutes left. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
UL means that the motor thinks it's struggling so it thinks there is an "unbalanced load" which is caused by the washer continuing to fill. This is a problem with your main control board because whether the logic in the board has failed or the board isn't sensing the water level properly, it's all controlled by the main control board under the control panel in the far back right corner. You can take the control panel apart, disconnect the rubber hose that plugs into the board and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it checks good and the error comes back when you reconnect the hose and try the washer again, the control board will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?