Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Replaced a controll board (00497224) bosch wall oven 5045a

Customer Question

replaced a controll board (00497224) for a bosch wall oven 5045a because the temperature of the oven and the dial were 100 off. When I put the new part in, I get an error code f-11. Got a new part sent to me but it also gives an error code f 11
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
On this oven, F11 means that your door latch isn't working properly. I know you said you replaced the control board so make sure you plugged all the connections back in properly. If that checks good and this wasn't an issue before you replace the control board, I'd return the board and get a new one in case it came faulty. Otherwise, apparently your latch failed for some unknown reason the same time as your control board replacement occurred. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This answer is not even close. the question alone, prohibits this answer. If the old part doesn't give an error code, the new part shouldn't either. Nothing to do with the door latch. Hopefully I won't be charged for this erroneous answer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
The answer is correct, perhaps you didn't read it in it's entirety. The error code has to do with the door latch. Now I did say to make sure you connected the wires properly to the new board. If so then the board likely just came bad so you need to return it and get a new one because it thinks the latch is bad.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If you read the question you will see the part was replaced and a new one plugged in. Same error code.. Bosch said the error code is a communication code and has nothing to do with the door latch. Yes, I am positive that all the right wires were installed correctly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Not here to argue, I'm here to help so I'll opt out and help someone else. Good luck.