Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Need to change the bulb in a Whirlpool Microwave Model RMC

Customer Question

need to change the bulb in a Whirlpool Microwave Model RMC 275PD ser. XNS0997918. Not sure how too ? can you help
JA: Huh?
Customer: It's a build-in model
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bulb burn out
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your microwave today. Replacing the light bulb will be quite difficult on this model I'm sorry to say. The entire microwave on this unit needs to be pulled out about 12 inches so that you can replace the light bulb. Open the bottom oven door and remove all the screws going into the vent panel below the microwave which goes across the oven door latch. Remove this panel and you will see 2 screws holding the microwave feet to the oven frame. Remove these 2 screws. Now remove the screws in the vent below the control panel. Now you can reach under the microwave and pull the microwave straight out about 12 inches to remove it so you can replace the light bulb directly in the middle on top of the microwave cavity. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.