Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Lock symbol shown says to clean lint filter. It is already

Customer Question

lock symbol shown says to clean lint filter. It is already clean. I have unplugged the dryer and replugged it but the lock symbol stays on
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: dryer will not start because a lock symbol shows telling me to clean dryer filter
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
What is the make and model?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
GE. DCVH680eJOWW
You may just have it on child lock To lock the dryer, press and hold the lock icon for 3 seconds. To unlock the dryer, press and hold the lock icon for 3 seconds. The icon of the lock next to the timer will light up when the controls are locked. Then if the lint screen was cleaned and that comes on it should disappear shortly after starting it. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!