Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Maytag Bravos XL washer is beeping and Ld is showing up.

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravos XL washer is beeping and Ld is showing up. What does this mean?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My Maytag Bravos XL washer is beeping and all lights are on. The message Ld is on display. The washer is not draining. What is the problem?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
LD stand for long drain. It means that your washer isn't draining properly. You'll need to unplug the washer and remove the drain pump to check for a blockage in the pump itself. If you find nothing then the pump will need to be replaced. Be careful and drain out as much water as you can before you remove the pump if you can. Any water left in the tub will come flooding out when you remove the drain pump. Below is a video that shows you how to access and remove the drain pump for replacement or to check for debris inside blocking the washer from draining properly. CLICK HERE for pump video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO CLEAN OR REPLACE THE PUMP. ***CLICK HERE*** FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!