Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My control lock will not turn off on my dishwasher JA:

Customer Question

My control lock will not turn off on my dishwasher
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I am unable to turn off the control lock on my dishwasher
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. If your control lock is engaged, you should just need to press and hold one of the buttons on your control panel for 5 seconds to unlock the control lock. If you can't see which button that is, just try each button one at a time for 5 seconds and one of them should unlock the panel. Now if you can't seem to find the button that unlocks the control panel, just send me your model number which should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door and I can look up exactly what button that is for your model. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nevermind I fixed it myself. What a scam
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
it's not a scam... we are real life experts giving you our time.