Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I can hear my dryer trying to turn, can hear the buzz of

Customer Question

I can hear my dryer trying to turn, can hear the buzz of electricity anyway, what i want to know is can i fix my motor easily and how? i build computers, fix flat screen tv's and can work on and fix my car. is it that hard? My dryer is an old Kenmore model #96250100. I opened the door after it was going for an hour or so to get clothes out, it hasnt worked since. I did check the little doo hickey on the door that wont let it come on if the door is open and its not broken or loose. I want to rebuild the motor if possible, or get a new one and be able to install it, whatever is cheapest and best for this situation. Thank you in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
hello I'm Ezekiel
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
the dryer still has power at the outlet is this correct
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
when u close the door and attempt to start it all you hear is a hum noise or sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Ezekiel, i hope you can teach me how to fix this thing cuz i cannot afford a new dryer. But i can fix things. Of course, bet you always have to ask though. the washer is next to it and works fine. you can tell and hear the controls hum..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, your correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wish i could explain better, sorry
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
ok that indicates that the motor has burned out the windings in it are worn so it just hums replacing is your only option
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
the model is missing numbers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their is not a way to fix these windings like repairing an similar things in an alternator?/ thats what the model number says on the sticker, its real old, the serial number is *****
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
this is the motor it needs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that picture is really small, do you have a bigger one?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
here you go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how easy is it to replace and do you know a place to get it at a discount? or a used one?/ for some reason i cant make your pictures bigger, stupid windows 7, can barely even see the shape of it.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
it not complicated at all you can get it at www.repairclinic.com they ship overnight it even has a video on how to do it
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
please rate me high as that's how I get paid for helping you with this matter thanks and good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i saved and tried to blow this picture up, its completly blurry, can you just write me the specifics like model number, size amps, or whatever i need to know to buy it at lowes or the local shop, or find it used on amazon or ebay. Thank you.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
I'm here should you need more info
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
110.96250100 that's the model number all you need to give them
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
please rate me as that's how I get paid good luck