Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Turning off sabbath mode

Customer Question

Turning off sabbath mode
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
unfortunately you can not exit sabbath mode early on this unit as is true for most Thermador ovens. The oven will exit Sabbath on it's own after 72 hours, but it must time down and exit on it's own to follow the rules of Sabbath so there is no way to exit early. Just leave the unit plugged in and after 72 hours it'll exit on it's own. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Was able to exit the Sabbath Mode! Once the temperature was set on Bake mode the 26 hour started to count down. Then a message came up stating: ' Cancel Sabbath Mode?' Got back to message showing count down. Then pushed the button ( Enter, I believe) and the remaining hours started to go down in hour increments until it reached zero and came out of Sabbath Mode! Trial and error since user manual doesn't even have a section of turning it off; yet, there is a message 'Cancel Sabbath Mode?'.......???????
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
That's very odd. There is probably some sort of internal programming inside that the board creators did to exit it if needed for testing, but it breaks the Sabbath rules of doing work to change states like that so it's only designed to be exited by just waiting 72 hours and it exits on it's own.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
39;Internal programming inside' 'for testing'......wasn't inside, it was a message that anyone could see! And maybe by my experience, put in there for when someone accidentally gets in that mode there is a way to get out. If you use the Sabbath Mode not by accident, it works fine.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
ok take care.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thxs, Good night.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
good night