John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a side by side model no 22 and the freezer has frost

Customer Question

Hi we have a side by side model no 22 and the freezer has frost on the back on it and isn't keeping items cold. Can we defrost ? The vents are covered up. Don't know if door was left open or what
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Can I get the full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section to better assist you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok I think I found the invoice it is ifx77/aswh I hope this is the one you need also here is the number is ***** the top of the sheet that lists parts we were might need 203c3668p009
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately those really aren't the model number. The model number should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section. Can you look there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the sticker is not in the frig I probably took it out while cleaning what else do you suggest
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK can you tell me how old this refrigerator is? Does it have a digital display?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it was purchased in 1994
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK pull the refrigerator forward and look at the back of the refrigerator. Is there an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of the unit or not? Can you take a picture of the front and back and use the paper clip above the text box to attach it so I can see what refrigerator you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my husband is in bed and I can not move it myself can we pick up tomorrow evening about 9 central time...how does this work.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Sure, just post back when you're ready.