John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Ge Profile fridge/freezer reads 50 degrees in the fridge

Customer Question

My Ge Profile fridge/freezer reads 50 degrees in the fridge and 40 degrees in the freezer
everything is melted
I try to reprogram and the panel reverts to the higher numbers
The booklet says i must press ENTER to reprogram, but there is no ENTER on the panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information on that as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got it thanks for that give me just a minute, but there are some things I will need you to check so that I can further diagnose the problem, I need you to check and see if the fan in the freezer is blowing and see if the fan in the rear of the unit next to the compressor is running and see if the compressor is running, if the fans are running the compressor should be as well, if one of the fans are running both should be, let me know what you find, thanks. Also open the freezer door and look to see if you see ice crystals or frost built up on the very back panel of the freezer, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There's very little ice on the back panel almost non-and yes I can hear the fan running
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where is the enter button on the panel in the fridge
well I apologize I can't locate any information for have a service manual for that model refrigerator from what I have seen of the controls there are no enter buttons. I will have to opt out of this question so that another tech can help you with that.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Is the compressor running behind the unit?