Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

New duet washer, has been working fine, put in bathroom rug

Customer Question

new duet washer, has been working fine, put in bathroom rug and small very lightweight pad, soaking wet after cycle complete. Tried drain and spin feature, it is spinning too slow to remove water and may or may not be draining.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no error codes, light for fast dry is lit up,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The problem is that this washer can't balance the load with such an off balance load inside. Rugs and such will need to be taken to a laundry mat because the washer will refuse to spin if it can't balance the load on these new duet washers. You can try to add more towels and such in the cycle and sometimes that can help balance the load. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.