Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE 18.2 cubic ft top freezer refrigerator. Model

Customer Question

I have a GE 18.2 cubic ft top freezer refrigerator. Model number TBX18SA. Recently, about once a week Water pours out from the inside bottom of the refigerator. What should I be looking for I can't seem to find a drain.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon! This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. The first thing you'll need to do is pull the refrigerator out so you can access the drain line running down the back of the refrigerator directly in the middle. Remove the drain hose as well as the little p-trap connection at the top of the drain hose which goes into the back of the freezer. Clean these out and run water from a garden hose through them to make sure they are clear. Once the drain hose is clear, you just need to make sure the drain hole inside the freezer at the very back isn't frozen oven with ice from the water backing up. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Once it's all clear you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?