Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag fridge with ice maker - leaned against control panel

Customer Question

Maytag fridge with ice maker - leaned against control panel and somehow turned ice maker off. Model MSB26CMDM00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
To be clear do you mean you turned the cooling off or you turned the icemaker off? Because on this model there is no way to turn the icemaker off from the control panel on the front of the door. Why do you think you turned the icemaker off? Has it not been making ice? for now long?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It had been making ice until 3 days ago with no problems until this. The entire fridge shut down we got everything to work except icemaker
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK well unfortunately the issue may have been related to the fridge shutting down, but you didn't turn the icemaker off because the only way to turn the icemaker off is to open the door, remove the ice bucket and such and access the icemaker itself then flip the switch on the side to the "off" position". If it's not making ice and it's still under warranty, I'd call warranty out because possibly the fill tube froze up when the unit shut down or possibly you have a bad icemaker or something like that. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Review pending - local dealer contacted for warranty work. Will reply afterwards
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
ok good luck
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tyler - I cannot rate you until dealer rep gets out to look
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.
ok well have a nice day then there is nothing more I can do and I have given you a lot of my time today.